As 2020 begins, I would like to wish all of the kinkweekly.com family – from the staff to our readers and followers — a Happy New Year and trust that 2020 will be your best year ever.
Even though we now look at 2019 in the rear view mirror, tradition demands that I offer some resolutions for 2020 – and no clickbait! Besides, even if these are technically a few days late, they are great ideas to keep your BDSM life fresh.
These are just suggestions; obviously, you should pick those that you think would work for you. Or, you could use them as a jumping-off point for some unique resolutions of your own.
Well, here goes!
- Resolve to try a new BDSM scene regularly.
- Resolve to buy a new BDSM toy once a month.
- If you are a Dom/me, resolve to make your slave write a diary – whether regularly or only for a scene.
- If you are a Dom/me, resolve to learn a new BDSM technique every other month.
- If you are a submissive, resolve to learn how to better communicate with your Dominant.
- Resolve to make regular playtime in spite of work and other demands on your life.
- Resolve to read your slave contract regularly if you have one.
- If you do not have a slave contract, resolve to make one.
- If you are the Dom/me, resolve to push your sub’s limits from time-to-time.
- If you are the Dom/me, resolve to listen to your submissive better.
- Resolve to go to a BDSM play party at a local dungeon.
- If you are the Dominant, resolve to ask your submissive to list his/her favorite BDSM activities and try to incorporate them into your play. (This is one long resolution!)
- If you are the Dom/me, resolve to be a better one.
- If you are the sub, resolve to be a better sub.
- Resolve to listen to your partner more effectively.
- Resolve to discuss what you liked and what you did not like about your BDSM relationship in the last year. No punishment, no protocol – just honest discussion.
- If you are a Dom/me, resolve to examine any bad decisions you made last year objectively
- Resolve not to repeat mistakes. (A good one!)
- Resolve to eliminate one habit your partner hates – such as smoking.
- Resolve to keep at least one of your resolutions!
- Resolve to read at least one book about BDSM. (With Amazon, this is too easy!
- Resolve to discuss D/s deeply with a fellow lifstyler.
- Resolve to raise the spiritual level of your D/s relationship.
hese new resolutions are more about the dynamics of D/s than about play. You can use them or adapt them as you see fit. But, to grow your D/s relationship you should address all aspects of BDSM – from the nuts and bolts of play to the more esoteric and spiritual aspects of D/s. The more you understand about D/s, the better your relationships will be.
One of my BDSM resolutions will be #1: “I resolve to read more books about BDSM.”
However you approach it, I think that just resolving to be more sensitive to the D/s aspects of your life will make for a great year.
Mr. Mots says
Could not agree more!
Very important to set obtainable and measurable goals for oneself-especially in terms of kink and BDSM