We’ve been a bit serious lately here on Kink Weekly so we thought we’d change it up with a fun list of Top 8 Reasons to Get Involved in the BDSM Lifestyle. I was originally going to list reasons to go to a dungeon but then thought some people don’t have access to local dungeons and I wanted to be inclusive! Which leads me to reason number one:
1. Everyone is included. BDSM does not discriminate against age, race, sexual orientation, gender, whatever! If you’re involved in this lifestyle you are open to experience all types of people. In my experience here in Los Angeles, all of the parties are very inclusive and guess what, if the party theme is geared towards a certain gender or orientation they’ll make sure to advertise it as such so it’s clear. Does this mean they are discriminating against people? Yes and no but mostly no. These parties are held at dungeons that have different theme and party nights so a party will eventually come back around that you can attend. There’s something for everyone and a place for everything.
2. BDSM encourages open communication. In fact, you may get sick of talking about your kink, feelings, relationship, and more. You’re essentially put under a microscope so be prepared to talk it out!
3. New experiences will abound! Be prepared to strap in (or put on a strap on :D) for the ride of your life! I’m not just meaning sexually but meeting new people, observing play, reading all of the material out there-it can be overwhelming and exhilarating. The good news is you can go as fast or slow as you’d like.
4. Ingenuity. Never in your life will you see more clever uses for everyday objects. Need a cheap paddle? How about the kitchen spoon. Want a fun bondage bed? Get some pipe and wood and go to town. People’s imaginations in this lifestyle will astonish you. Also the variety of scenes and ways in which people (consensually) torture one another is fascinating.
5. Pretty clothes and fun themes. Sure, not everyone goes full BDSM bondage gear when they play but you can always count on that one friend or couple to not disappoint!
6. Destination BDSM. Kink is in any city. No matter where you travel, if you look hard enough there is a lifestyle or scene there. No, it may not be hundreds of people but you can find “our people” almost anywhere you go.
7. Fun conversations with vanillas. Depending on how “out” you are, you’ll have many interesting conversations with every day vanilla people. Even if you don’t want to be out, you can still send out feelers or bring up Fifty Shades of Gray to see how people react. Ok, maybe sometimes these conversations get awkward, but it’s the ultimate process to help educate others that matters most!
8. Fun! I personally think anything to do with kink is fun. I sure hope everyone reading this thinks so too. If not, have your people call my people! 🙂
Do you have any other reasons why folks should get into BDSM? Make sure to let us know in the comments and thanks for reading!